Lockdown 2.0 – We’ve Got This!
While the rest of the nation basked in their relative level 2 freedom, Auckland is once again in a Level 3 lockdown – which for most office workers means working from home.
We’ve spent the last week speaking with our candidates and clients and this is what we have found:
- This time, everyone transitioned to working at home with ease and minimal drama.
- We were busy with recruitment prior to lockdown, and interestingly, only 2 roles were put on hold due to the organisation having to have face to face interviews as part of their hiring policy.
- The ‘feel’ amongst candidates is twofold – those who are ready to start working immediately are feeling a lot more positive and those who are currently in work, but looking for the next steps, are building confidence to move forward, despite the environment.
- The ‘feel’ out there amongst hiring managers is that if they have a vacancy, they still need to hire – in fact, in amongst our accounting & finance community – they are desperate to hire because they’ve been so busy!
- The ‘feel’ amongst our team is actually pretty positive. It continues to be a challenging environment, but there are a number of great organisations who are looking for talent and needing to hire.
- Generally, in Auckland we seem to just be ‘getting on with it’. While some organisations continue to be impacted, the majority have made their readjustments and have transitioned to their new normal.
And so we wanted to say to all of our candidates – thank you for placing your trust in us. It’s been busy and crazy, but we will continue to try to help as many of you as possible.
And to our clients – thank you, thank you for placing your trust in us. We’ve been pleasantly surprised with the level of recruitment and we have loved being so busy in the past few weeks!
We have our first Covid Impact Survey coming out next week. It focuses on Finance Leaders in NZ and gives insights into thoughts and challenges in our Covid environment. If you would like a copy, please get in touch with your favourite finance & accounting consultant!