A Little Bit About The Company
Our client is an investment/ VC firm that is at the forefront within the tech space and has a passion for helping emerging companies bring their vision to life.
Some More Information About The Role
Reporting into the CEO you’ll play a key role working with over two thirds of the companies deal flow. This is a close knit team of highly capable investment professionals who are all part of something very much on the up. Currently raising their third fund to invest in another 15 companies over the next 3 years, this really is a journey to be on!
With the growth of their funds under management and the amazing opportunities they have in the long term they have created a new senior Investment Manager role.
The primary focus will be on sourcing new technologies and companies, negotiating and managing investments as well as an ongoing engagement with the companies in the portfolio – ranging from hands-on involvement, advising, mentoring and governance roles.
Key tasks will include:
- Finding and evaluating technologies for investment and incubation
- Reviewing technical information to identify commercial opportunities
- Advising, mentoring and supporting portfolio companies utilising your own knowledge and networks
- Negotiating terms with investee companies
- Developing and executing liquidity strategies
- Developing commercial strategies in collaboration with entrepreneurs at an advisor and board level
- Building and managing relationships with Crown Research Institutes, Universities, and the private sector
- Conducting due diligence assessments and liaising with external technical experts
- Preparing investment recommendations and discussing the merits of each investment with the the Investment Committee
- Developing and filling capital pathways for portfolio companies’ follow-on rounds
So Who Are You & What Is Your Profile?
They are seeking a talented, passionate and high performing individual with a diverse viewpoint and who wants to get involved and make a personal difference.
A strong grounding in the following attributes:
- Science, Engineering and/or Finance background
- Passion for early stage start-ups
- Experience investing into early stage companies and an understanding of the drivers of a venture capital fund
- The ability to advise, guide and mentor entrepreneurs on their journey
- Positive personality that can complement the existing team
Also of value are:
- Previous entrepreneurial experience
- Innovation experience and strong global networks
- An understanding of commercialisation
If this sounds like you please get in touch with Oli Sanford-Scutt at Consult Recruitment by applying to on the link above or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business is experiencing rapid growth
- Opportunities for senior leadership very achievable
- Flexible central working space