Halo Consulting is partnering with Chelmer, a leading Wealth Management business to hire Java Developers as their business continue to flourish. Chelmer is a New Zealand-founded financial software company, on a mission to make investing and wealth creation simple, intuitive, and accessible for all. They invest in technology and people and are now seeking to hire multiple Java Developers to join a high-performing team based here in Auckland.
Established in 1988, they have been pioneering broking-, trading- and wealth management technology for over 30 years. Their platforms are trusted by leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific and manage billions of dollars of investor assets.
Chelmer are expanding and we are now looking for Senior Java Developer to join their team. You will collaborate with a team of highly experienced engineers who are developing complex trading systems used within the New Zealand banking and financial market industry.
You will be an accomplished Senior Java Developer with a strong background in system integration. You will be a strong communicator who can meet deadlines and get up to speed with growing trends. Your background will show a thorough history in Java development, working as a senior and full-stack engineer.
What you will be doing:
- Creating software architecture by designing and developing a reusable software component
- Defining and promoting the use of well-defined and established software design patterns
- Designing high performing and scalable software solutions
- Ensuring code follows standard and is documented
- Ensuring software architecture integrates with legacy, external and future systems
- Creating unit tests, regression tests and integration tests
- Replicating, understanding and fixing issues as quickly as possible
Key Skills and Experience:
- Java development experience at a senior level – enterprise experience
- Several years of experience working with Java and Java-related technologies.
- Experience developing solutions using ElasticSearch
- Experience developing solutions with REST-based WebServices
- Commercial experience or the desire to learn to develop solutions with RedHat jBPM.
- Cloud development experience in AWS, Azure would be highly desirable
- Enthusiasm and experience working in Agile environments, particularly continuous delivery
- Team player, fun, outgoing and passionate about high-quality code
Previous experience in Wealth Management is a bonus!
You'll need to possess a passion for technology and a work portfolio that reflects this.
This role will bring you a lot of satisfaction and will allow you to develop your career. You will need to have a passion for technology and a work history that illustrates a strong direction aimed at career growth.
Must have PR or NZ citizenship.
Note: Chelmer will not accept any unsolicited CV’s or any external applications for this position.