06 September 2021
Principal Architecture Practice Manager
September 6, 2021
Reporting directly to the CTO, the Practice Leader will participate in the broader leadership of the Digital Strategy & Architecture group and be responsible for the recruitment and hiring of practice members; leadership through line management, training and mentorship, implementing best practice through standards, pattern, process and documentation creation, knowledge management and governance.
Ideally, you would have come through the ranks as an Architect and have managed teams in the past. With the role having a real focus on the people and the practice there are no specific technologies required but having a good understanding of the AWS ecosystem would be a benefit.
Accountabilities and objectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the broader Vector Group of companies, programs and value streams and the Architecture practice to determine future resourcing and capability requirements.
- Recruit and hire exceptional architects into the Architecture practice.
- Ensure Architecture practice members are successful by equipping them with the appropriate levels of training, certification, tools, and operating frameworks. This includes documenting and preparing materials for training as these are and when needed.
- Ensure Vector Group programs, projects and value streams are successful by providing the appropriate architecture resources and capabilities from the Architecture practice.
- Augment the architecture practice capabilities with consulting resources as required.
- Ensure the Architecture practice is successful by meeting financial targets and obligations, particularly through prudent and effective time writing management.
- Provide leadership that engages and motivates others to succeed, develop, and proactively share experience, knowledge and ideas. Create a sense of vision and a whole-of- organisation perspective, seek out solutions, and make things happen. Foster an open, collaborative environment that encourages quality, innovation, and ongoing learning & improvement.
- Cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders within the Executive and senior management, providing thought leadership and insight into achieving enterprise, solution and technical architecture outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with strategies, policies, standards and practices across technology implementation.
- Monitor the market to identify new and emerging technologies, products and services, assess their relevance and potential value to solving Vector business problems or opportunities.
Opportunities like this don't come around often so please don't hesitate to reach out and give Alric a call on 0210539800.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Please apply using an MS WORD version of your CV, as if we proceed with your application this is the format we’ll require to submit to clients.
Note: Vector will not accept any unsolicited CV's or any external applications for this position. Any CV's that are sent to Vector via another agency will be gifted to Halo.
- Come create and grow the best architecture practice in NZ
- Auckland or Wellington location
- Roles like this don't come up often!!!!