05 May 2022
Operational Risk Manager
May 5, 2022
Our client is a market leading retail bank with a very well regarded culture and a reputation for employing quality humans with great experience as well providing fantastic career development opportunities throughout and across the company. This is a newly created role and forms part of the company’s overarching goal to strive for risk excellent and do right by the customer.
More About The Role
You will lead the provision of support, guidance and insights into all first line operational risk responsibilities across a key sector of the bank. Within this, you will partner with a wide range of business units and their senior management teams and will:
- Ensure that risks and controls are identified, documented, assessed, managed and reported
- Provide assurance that the appropriate processes are in place to monitor risk adherence
- Maintain a comprehensive register of all current and emerging internal and external risks
- Mitigate risks through appropriate action plans
- Manage reporting requirements, incident management and resolution programmes
- Operate a continuous improvement mindset and be constantly looking for better and more effective processes
So Who Are You & What Is Your Profile?
To be successful in this role, you will need proven risk experience in the financial services sector within the first line. You will understand and have worked with risk management and compliance frameworks and be a natural communicator with strong written and verbal skills. You will also benefit from being able to summarise large quantities of information, identifying the salient areas and not getting lost in the detail. Further, you will be keen to learn and develop to grow your risk experience and look to make constant improvements.
If this sounds like you or you would like to make a confidential enquiry, please get in touch with James at Consult at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
- Newly created role, plenty of scope for growth, great manager
- Competitive package based on experience with perks
- Large team with excellent culture and well regarded leadership