02 May 2022
May 2, 2022
STILL is a family office organisation creating a community of remarkable businesses, ideas, and new ways of seeing the world from New Zealand.
There are two arms: STILL 100 and STILL Investments; all made up of specialist companies, collaborations and cultural projects nurtured in a singular ecosystem.
STILL 100 will over the next decade, acquire, start or support 100 New Zealand businesses, not-for-profits or projects that are inherently STILL, powering them to go further and deeper in their ambition. STILL Investments holds portfolios in equities, bonds, real estate and private equity funds, and makes direct investments into both venture and growth businesses.
So, what are STILL’s primary areas of interest? People, nature, arts and culture; all of their projects, investments and activities revolve around these subjects. If you are passionate about acquisition and growth in the above areas, we would be keen to engage for a discussion.
Reporting to the General Manager of Acquisition & Growth, the tasks of the M&A Manager will cover:
- Managing the end-to-end M&A process from origination, due diligence, to wrap up & post-integration
- Origination: Help source, assess, negotiate and, secure deals
- Research: Preparing in-depth market research & cost-benefit analysis for new opportunities
- Due Diligence: Analyse historical financial statements and evaluate operational trends to identify sustainable earnings for a variety of industries that align with STILL’s values
- New Business: Completing planning and analysis for starting new businesses/projects
- Network: Forming collaborative, effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners within the banking, legal and accounting community
- Mobilisation: Assisting with post acquisition integration
- Enhance: Proactively pursue new initiatives towards continuous improvements in line with STILL’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, Law or related field
- Post university qualifications (CA/CPA, CFA) would be an advantage but we would equally be keen to engage with professionals who are qualified by experience
- Proven experience with minimum 5 years of hands on M&A experience in an end-to-end capacity with project management capabilities.
- Past exposure within a Big 4, Private Equity or Investment banking environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and root cause determination skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Proven thought leadership skills demonstrating strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our specialist recruitment team. We are committed to respond to all expressions of interest irrespective of outcome.
As this role would be based at STILL head office in Auckland Central, you would need to have the necessary rights to work in New Zealand.
Please reach out to discuss further. Your interest will be kept under full confidence:
Oliver Sanford-Scutt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry Dev Singh: email@example.com
- End-to-end M&A exposure
- Central Auckland
- 160K-200K pa