04 May 2022
Head of Finance
May 4, 2022
This Head of Finance role will look after the full finance and planning function for a major global FMCG business here in Auckland. Located in the Auckland city fringe, this business is known for its fantastic office culture and high performance mindset, the business is also going through a sustained period of growth and profitability so it's a really exciting time to be joining. Although part of a global framework, the New Zealand operation operates with enough autonomy whereby the Head of Finance role can really make a positive impact in driving the business to the next level.
A little bit about the role
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, this Head of Finance role will oversee all aspects of finance and planning for the New Zealand operation. The key part of this role will be leading the finance function in a way whereby the business meets all financial objectives and planning targets. Working alongside a highly impressive and forward-looking General Manager, you will be tasked with leading and coaching a very capable finance team and helping the business to achieve the next level of growth.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead key operating targets of volume, net turnover, underlying profit and cashflow for the company
- Oversee all financial aspects of the Company including Marketing Finance, Group & Stat Reporting, Tax and Treasury
- Drive and influence business decisions to deliver on agreed targets
- Manage all demand forecasting and ensure a robust forecasting model for all categories
- Execute strategies to manage the process of balancing supply and demand for the NZ business
- Review of processes to ensure the business is future proofing for continued success
- Increase the level of commercial awareness within the business and create an environment whereby people are aware of the financial consequences of their decisions
- Work effectively to deliver on corporate strategy and results, managing the delivery of key strategic initiatives
So who are you and what is your profile
You will be a proven finance leader with exceptional leadership skills, you will be fully CA/CPA qualified and will ideally come from an FMCG background with 8-10 years experience under your belt. You will be a proven business partner with experience leading the budgeting, forecasting, planning, financial analysis and reporting functions for a large complex business. Key to this role will be your ability to manage multiple stakeholders, including the ability to manage upwards.
You will likely have started your career in a big 4/ top tier CA firm and stepped into commercially facing roles in large organisations. You will also have proven ability developing business plans in order to meet short and long term goals.
To apply, follow the instructions or to discuss, please contact Andy Hickey on 0211693764 or email email@example.com
- Auckland city fringe location
- Strategic Head of Finance role
- Amazing company culture