27 April 2021
A little bit about the company
Our client is a leading one of New Zealand financial services organisation at the front end of their sector. Their singular focus of delivering great investment returns and premium client service is central to everything they do. With a sterling reputation, they are currently in an area of growth and progression.The company is growing and has an even brighter future, although they are getting bigger but retain their friendly and open culture.Some more information about the role
Reporting directly to the CFO as his left-hand counterpart, you will be responsible for managing and running all aspects of the finance function across the organization on a day to day basis. You will provide leadership to the finance area of the organization leading and developing a small team and providing financial insights to help formulate and execute strategy along with interaction with the organizations board With full coverage across all sides of finance; Financial reporting, Budgeting and forecasting, and tax there is a high degree of variety in the role where no day may look the same. Key responsibilities
- Manage & responsible for all aspects of the finance function
- Liaise and develop the budgeting and forecast in accordance with the CFO
- Ensure that the financial reporting obligations are met for all entities
- Manage and develop a team of three direct reports
- Report and sit as part of the organization risk & audit committee
- Provide assistance to the organization’s board
- Input and development to the overall finance strategy
The role has a large degree of engagement with senior executives across the business at both C- Suite and board level. The ability to engage, add value and influence at this level is a key requirement. So who are you and what is your profile?
You’ll be a professional and astute professional who is proactive, driven and looking for that next career step in your journey at a blue-chip financial services organization.Your background;
- Experience managing people
- Ideally experienced in financial services with strong preference within banking or Funds management in either New Zealand, Australia or the UK. You may also be at the Associate director level within the Big 4 with large experience with FS clients.
- Well-rounded experience in finance / Accounting functions across statutory reporting, management accounting combined with strong commercial experience and perspectives from the financial services sector.
- Be accustomed to partnering, advising and influencing senior executives; including C- Suite and board level.
- Strong accounting knowledge across IFRS, financial control and regulatory reporting
- CA Qualified (or equivalent)
- 2ic to the CFO
- Board Level & executive committee engagement
- Parking and Easy access from the shore.