29 April 2022
April 29, 2022
Our client is a family owned business operating here in the Auckland CBD. The business runs a number of different ventures with one of the key companies operating in the architectural design and fit-out sector.
A little bit about the role
This is a varied finance leadership role where you will own the finance function for a group of businesses. The Financial Controller will be responsible for running the full finance function, from transactional right up to reporting to the Executive Leadership Team. the role will also act as a trusted advisor to a very commercially astute CEO so the ability to business partner and really drive value will be crucial. At this stage, the role will have an Assistant Accountant reporting directly to it, this person will be there to offer help with all transactional finance duties. You will also have the help of an experienced CFO who will be on hand to offer guidance and help when needed.
Core responsibilities include:
- Prepare management reporting information including weekly dashboards, monthly management accounts and advisory board reports
- Responsibility for robust cash flow forecasting and management with compliance to banking facilities at all times.
- Partnership and preparation of financial forecasts with the Leadership team and CEO. Maintain rolling 12 month P&L/BS forward projections.
- Oversee financial information systems capability including user accessibility.
- Develop, mentor and coach staff members
- Prepare annual Financial Statements for commercial group as applicable
So who are you and what is your profile
You will be a qualified CA/CPA Accountant with a strong background in financial accounting. You will possess the ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines. You will have around 5-8 years experience working in a similar hands on accounting role in a commercial environment. Above all, you will have a can-do and proactive mindset. The role offers a genuine opportunity to grow where you will learn from a very experienced and commercially savvy CFO. This Financial Controller role will suit someone who enjoys getting into the detail and who is keen to come into a business and really make their mark.
For more information please contact Andy Hickey on 0211693764 or email your CV to email@example.com
- Auckland CBD location
- Salary range $120-140k
- Opportunity to partner with a highly commercial CEO