14 September 2021
Financial Accountant – Fixed Assets focus
September 14, 2021
A respected and trusted Auckland business is going through some exciting changes and as such are looking to strengthen their team capability. This fast-paced environment has a collaborative environment and values the people that make up their diverse culture.
Some more information about the role
This is a full-time permanent role responsible for recording, reporting and analysing the organisations capital expenditure and fixed assets, as well as general Financial Accounting duties. It will involve finalizing the financial and statutory accounts for all entities and provide back-up to the Financial Accounting Manager, Business Analyst and other team members.
Duties will include:
- Financial reporting - monthly and annually
- Monitor and report on CapEx and Fixed Assets in line with appropriate standards
- Lead the CapEx and depreciation forecast and budgeting process
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Payroll journals
- Project Accounting
- Business partnering - communicating complex data in easy-to-understand ways for non-finance stakeholders
- Ad hoc support to wider team, as a group effort
You will have 5 years experience as a Qualified Accountant dealing with Financial Accounting, CapEx and assets with a medium to large organisation. Tier 1 not-for-profit reporting exposure would be great.
You uphold values such as strong time management, ability to work to deadlines, communication with staff at all levels, flexibility, a tech-savvy brain, embracing changes as they come and looking for improvements where possible.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication and will be able to work unattended. Advanced Excel skills are a must, and experience with eProcurement systems and Dynamics GP highly desirable
- City fringe location (Newmarket) full-time perm role
- Integral role within an evolving and growing team
- Take your Asset Accounting skills to the next level