24 November 2021
November 24, 2021
Reporting to the Category Manager, this role will see you supporting our teams, stores and suppliers to help continually grow the natural health category within well-known retail stores. As an integral part of our merchandise team, you will be based at our head office in Ellerslie.
The core function of your role will be focused on providing administrative support to the category manager including range, price and product information, promotional marketing activity and space management across our stores. You will own and maintain all product information and make careful use of pricing analysis and market trends to determine the best product range for our stores. You will be responsible for:
- Providing recommendations, reporting and data/competitor analysis to Category Manager
- Supporting category strategy, ranging and pricing
- Providing support across the Green Cross Health network regarding any queries
- Actively participate in category reviews and assist with the development and maintenance of planograms in conjunction with the space planner.
- Ensure suppliers submit all related promotional submissions within required timeframes.
- Maintain and improve relationships with suppliers, understanding brand plans, consumer and channel research and marketing plans.
Your ability to build meaningful working relationships both internally and externally is essential. You will be a great communicator, enjoy building a good rapport with our clients and customers and have solid influencing skills to engage with key suppliers at a strategic level. Alongside this you will also possess the following:
- A continuous improvement mindset, goals oriented with a desire to keep improving in your role
- Strong analytical and administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Systems savvy, confident using MS Office suite
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle many balls and manage ever-changing priorities
- Someone who is positive, approachable, and reliable
- Related Bachelor's degree
- Proven working knowledge in the retail industry (or similar)
What’s on offer?
A rare opportunity to enter a career in merchandising, play your part in helping product manufacturers/suppliers reach marketing and sales goals by ensuring their products are properly displayed, and promotion campaigns are executed to perfection. We love to grow our people and there is real career progression for our employees. You will be supported and mentored by a strong leadership team who is keen to see you succeed and learn. Every day will be different for you and it is an exciting time to be part of a growing business that continuously strives to be the best healthcare provider in the market.
If you are looking for a fast-paced role in a dynamic industry then we'd love to hear from you!
- Opportunity to enter a career in Merchandising
- Great location with competitive remuneration
- Significant category with major market exposure