14 January 2022
Assistant Company Accountant
January 14, 2022
This creatively run kiwi business are currently working with some of NZ's leading organisations. With modern offices in the heart of the CBD (well, near Victoria Park) they have an awesome team who are lots of fun and always having a laugh. Noone takes themselves too seriously here!
Some more about the role
This is not your normal accounts team environment, this place has serious creative flair and we're looking for someone who reflects that and will thrive in it. You will be supporting a young vibrant Finance Director with the daily bookkeeping function and supporting the monthly management reporting. This is a small finance function in a growing business, so we're seeking someone who will love the company as much as we do, not someone just looking for a stepping stone to get qualified or just to have a job.
Tasks will initially include;
- Accounts Payable processing
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit card reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting monthly close and reporting
- Eventually taking on more reporting for NZ and Aus entities as the Finance Director takes on more operational duties
- Taking anything thrown at you with a big huge smile on your dial
So, who are you?
You are a bit different from a typical up-and-coming accountant. You're someone that takes ownership of every bit of work that you take on, and have an inquisitive nature always looking at ways things can be done better. You will also be customer-focused and able to work with creative minds - who may well not understand finance!
Typically you would have worked in a fast-paced environment in a similar role, with a sound understanding of both sides of the ledger. Xero experience is preferable but can be taught. Above all else, you are keen to be involved with a fun, hard-working team where you can add value in a short space of time.
Please apply and if you need any further detail, contact Jonelle at Consult with some info about yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small team of 2, will grow to 3 this year! Report to Finance Director.
- Creative business, awesome offices in CBD
- Full-time permanent role, salary depending on the person: $60-90k